If you're employed by a college or university, and involved in instructing and advising on the mitigation of credit, operational, and market risk for your institution's
curriculum, i.e. professors, deans, teaching assistants, apply for our professional academic membership…
By sharing best practices through chapter meetings, conferences, and seminars, RMA provides unique opportunities for you to hear from the industry's best risk managers. Our publications and resources keep academic professionals like you up to date on important issues.
The Benefits of a Professional Academic Membership
Professional academic members receive the following benefits:
- RMA Xchange - An exclusive online community where RMA members can engage in real-time discussions and share information with other members.
- Preferred pricing for professional academic members - The best discounts on RMA events, training, products, and services.
- The RMA Journal®
- Hard copy subscription - RMA's award-winning publication written by risk professionals for risk professionals, published ten times a year and mailed right to your door.
- Digital version - Enjoy online access to the Journal.
- Downloadable articles - Access easy-to-download Journal articles from the archives.
- The RMA Journal On the Go - Our mobile app brings you Journal content wherever you are in a format that's customizable and easy to read on your smart phone or tablet.
- Free downloads of Study Packs - Highly focused compilations addressing critical issues in credit risk, operational risk, and market risk.
- Free recorded Web seminars on a variety of topics.
- Surveys and Studies - RMA undertakes several timely and thought leading studies and surveys, such as the Risk Appetite Survey.
- Regulatory Update - Periodic e-newsletter offering the latest regulatory updates.
- Access to local chapter network meetings and events.
- Career development/leadership and networking opportunities.
Academic members are employed by schools (i.e. colleges and universities), and are regularly involved in instructing and advising on the mitigation of credit, operational, and market risk for their own institution's curriculum. (Examples include professors, deans, and teaching assistants.) Academic members may participate in RMA activities appropriate to their interest and expertise.
RMA membership is cost effective: only $175 per individual each year with the first year free through August 31. You will receive your renewal in June, payable by August 31. (Most local chapters also charge a fee for
chapter membership which is not included in this fee.) Dues are not transferable or refundable. You will be billed $175 for dues upon renewal after your complimentary membership has expired.
Apply today - here's how:
Complete the online application process.
(Just a reminder, Academic members are employed by colleges or universities. See qualifications above for additional information to ensure this is the right membership category for you.)
application (PDF) with your credit card number to
application (PDF) with your credit card number to RMA at 215-446-4100.
application (PDF) with your check or credit card information to:
RMA Member Services
1801 Market Street, Suite 300
Philadelphia, PA 19103
All applications submitted will be reviewed by RMA's membership committee to ensure eligibility. Please anticipate a one week turnaround period from the date of your submission for the committee to complete the decision making process.
Contact Membership Department
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET
Phone: 800-677-7621, press 1