Existing eStatement Studies users,
please log in here.
Leading the industry in comparative customer data
See a demo of the features of RMA eStatement Studies?
View our Tutorial
Five reasons why your business needs eStatement Studies
- Make more informed decisions in less time.
- Show clients that you understand their business better than your competitors do.
- Evaluate your clients’ strengths and weaknesses more accurately.
- Identify more and better qualified prospects.
- Perform immediate benchmarking with the simple-to-use format.
How does eStatement Studies help you achieve all that?
- More up-to-date information. Our industry averages and financial ratios are updated annually.
- More reliable information. Our data comes directly from the financial statements of RMA member banks’ clients.
- More consistent information. We have been providing the same consistent data for more than 97 years. This means you can accurately compare your customers to the industry standard year after year.
- More value. Get 18-years of data on a feature-rich platform.
eStatement Studies features Financial Ratio Benchmarks and Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measures
Financial Ratio Benchmarks
Given to us from RMA member institutions, our financial risk ratio benchmarks are derived from the financial statements of more than 260,000 small and medium sized borrowers.
Financial Ratio Benchmarks includes:
- Sixteen classic financial statement ratios, clearly defined.
- Common-size, balance sheet and income statement line items, arrayed by asset and sales size. Six different asset and sales size categories are presented to ensure a perfect match to your situation.
- Unique information. No other information provider has data sources like ours.
- More than 794 industries are presented using the 2012 North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes.
- Data available for 18 years. You’ll get the most up-to-date information industry averages and financial ratios for the current period, and you’ll be able to quickly compare it to past periods.
Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measures
* Only available in eStatement Studies
Which industries and types of companies are most vulnerable in today’s environment? Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measures allows you to see not only which industries are the most susceptible, but also to what degree.
A simple-to-understand number is calculated for each industry and across an array of various-sized companies that represent the industry’s default profile. Also included is an assessment of the cash flow characteristics of each industry. These benchmarks add substantial value to the critical analysis of cash flow for private companies, allowing you to make better credit decisions.
Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measures includes:
- Cash flow measures on a common-size percentage scale.
- Moody's 1- and 5-year EDF ratings that calculate probability of default estimates on a percentage scale, mapped to an .edf bond rating scale.
- Change in position, normalized, year over year, for eight financial statement line items.
- Sustainable Growth Rate and Funded Debt/EBITDA ratios.
- Trend data available for the past five years.
eStatement Studies provides countless benefits for quick, convenient access:
- Export data into an Excel® spreadsheet with a click of your mouse. The Excel download includes a client comparison worksheet allowing you to enter and calculate your client’s financial statements, and easily compare side-by-side to the industry standards.
- eStatement Studies includes a license to incorporate Statement Studies data into your client reports—a $139 savings!
- The information you need is delivered to your desktop via the Web, 24/7. No more office clutter; no more searching for the hard copy of Financial Ratio Benchmarks or Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measures. This important decision-making tool is as close as your keyboard.
- The query function allows you to find what you need more quickly and easily than ever before. In a matter of seconds, you can mine the database of 260,000 financial statements for each of the 18 years of data for profiles that fit your needs.
- NEW!!! Sector Reports - The 2016-2017 release incorporates two-, three-, four-, and five-digit reporting based on the 2012 NAICS codes. This gives you access to more than 2,000 industry benchmarking reports to enhance your analysis.
As an added benefit, not available in the printed version, eStatement Studies even enables you to break out the data by region:
eStatement Studies includes regional data as follows:
Region 1 – Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
Region 2 – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee*, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia
Region 3 – Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan*, Missouri*, Ohio
Region 4 – Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee*, Texas
Region 5 – Iowa, Kansas*, Michigan*, Minnesota, Missouri*, Nebraska*, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
Region 6 – Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas*, Montana, Nebraska*, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming
*State spans two regions
2016-2017 eStatement Studies Pricing, Product #631101
eStatement Studies subscriptions run from November 1 through October 31 each year. For first-time purchases, the full fee is due and payable upon placing your order, regardless of what time of the year the order is placed. Proration is not available.
RMA Members: $355
Professional members: $535/user
RMA Members: $505 total
Nonmembers: $820 total
RMA Members: $755 total
Nonmembers: $1,105 total
RMA Members: $1,140 total
Nonmembers: $1,525 total
RMA Members: $1,690 total
Nonmembers: $2,335 total
For pricing for 41 or more users please contact us at
For subscriptions with more than one user, an administrator will have authorization to manage users on the account. Each administrator will receive instructions once order is processed and paid in full.
Colleges and Universities
eStatement Studies is available as a university-wide subscription. Please see our
for Universities page for more details, or email
All new eStatement Studies subscriptions need to be submitted by completing this order form.
There are two ways to complete an order for eStatement Studies*:
- To order by fax: Complete this order form and fax it to 215-446-4100.
- To order by mail: Complete
this order form and mail it to: RMA, Lbx 1140-PO Box 8500, Philadelphia, PA 19178-1140.
* Please note: It may take up to 5 to 7 business days to receive log-in information.