The UK Financial Services BREXIT Summit
A One-Day Conference, 11th October, Guildhall, London
RMA is partnering with City and Financial Global for this event
20% discount - see below*
This event is being organised in association with the City of London Corporation
and with the support of TheCityUK. A number of the other major trade associations
across the City are also supporting.
The thinking behind the summit is that it would be useful to bring together c-suite representatives from all sectors of the financial services industry after the Summer break to hear (a) where the UK Government stands in terms of its preparations for negotiating the UK's exit from the EU, (b) the initial thoughts of the various bodies and working groups that have been set up across the City to formulate the industry's response for individual sectors and (c) the views of a number of leading figures in the FS industry about their in-house planning for BREXIT.
The speakers at the conference will be drawn from leading City figures and
members of the various bodies and working groups referred to above that are
working on this issue. Mark Boleat, Chairman of the Policy & Resources
Committee, and Miles Celic, Chief Executive, will be speaking
on behalf of the City of London Corporation and TheCityUK, respectively.
The programme will provide a thorough analysis of the situation as is stands in the early Autumn.
Topics to be covered:
- The Government’s stance on negotiating Brexit: key policy priorities and timescales
- Government policies for supporting the UK Financial Services Industry through the transition
- The business challenge of BREXIT: threats and opportunities
- Securing the EU financial Services “passport’
- Negotiating third country trade agreements
- The challenge to legislators and regulators
Speakers to date:
- Baroness Shriti Vadera, UK Chairman, Santander, and Former Government
- Sir Adrian Montague, Chairman, Aviva Group plc
- John Nelson, Chairman, Lloyd's of London
- Sir Win Bischoff, Chairman, JP Morgan Securities and Chairman, Financial
- Helena Morrissey, Chief Executive, Newton Asset Management
- Robert Rooney, Chief Executive, Morgan Stanley International
- James Bardrick, UK Country Officer, Citi
- David Peniket, President and Chief Operating Officer, ICE Futures
- Hon. Alexander Downer AC, Australian High Commissioner to the United
- Mark Boleat, Chairman of the Policy & Resources Committee, City of
- Miles Celic, Chief Executive, TheCityUK
- Chris Bates, Partner and Head of the Financial Regulatory Practice,
- Anthony Belchambers, Chairman, Saxo Capital Markets, and Non-Executive
- Michael Kent, Partner and Global Head of Finance and Projects Division,
- Simon Lewis, Chief Executive, Association for Financial Markets in
- Jan Putnis, Partner and Head of Financial Regulation, Slaughter and
- Hugh Savill, Director of Regulation, Association of British Insurers
- David Strachan, Head of EMEA Centre for Financial Strategy and Partner,
- Vishal Vedi, Partner, Deloitte
- Lord Blackwell, Chairman, Lloyds Banking Group
- Anthony Browne, Chief Executive, British Bankers Association
For further details, please visit:
|Standard Delegate Fee:
||Discounted Delegate Fee:
|£595.00 + VAT
||£476.00 + VAT
*Use discount code BX1RMA
at the submit payment stage if booking online. Alternatively telephone or email
using details below, mentioning the code in either instance.
The RMA in Europe
In the United States and Canada the RMA is a household name in the banking industry. In the risk management arena, we are the premier organisation for training, round tables, conferences, and peer sharing.
Building upon our considerable success in North America we are expanding our offerings in Europe, focusing on open enrollment courses, programmes for future leaders and invitation-only round tables where senior bankers can share their thoughts with their peers on key aspects of risk management which are of significance to all.
RMA Offers Workshops Held in Conjunction with the British Bankers' Association (BBA)
The BBA is based on Old Broad Street, in the heart of the City of London. It is the UK's leading association for the banking and financial services sector, representing the interests of more than 240 member organisations with a worldwide presence in 180 countries. The RMA is one of the BBA's leading providers of risk management training.
These workshops will all be conducted by highly experienced RMA trainers. For full details on what these workshops cover and how to enrol, please visit the
The 2017 RMA/Cass Advanced Risk Management Programme
The 2017 RMA/Cass Advanced Risk Management Programme, led by the faculty at Cass, one of the UK's top business schools, is a four day programme for senior risk practitioners which exposes participants to a rigorous, yet inspiring blend of theory, practice, and cutting edge-research, instilling knowledge and skills
applicable to the real world of global business. It takes place in London from 22-25 May 2017.
The programme's focus is as follows:
Risk management as a strategic competitive strength
An integrated approach to risk management
Fostering a culture and climate that openly communicates risk
A framework for rapidly responding to known risks and unraveling the complexities of the unknown
A focus on risk informed by global perspectives
Gaining a perspective on risk management and its implications for corporate governance
This programme is designed for business leaders, functional heads and senior risk managers from all sectors who have a responsibility for overseeing the stability and performance of the business, while ensuring that their organisation's culture is conducive to better risk management.
Although most individuals will come from teams and organisations working in the UK and the EMEA region, business professionals from around the world are welcomed and encouraged to attend. The following individuals (or teams) will be able to apply knowledge from the programme immediately:
Senior risk practitioners
Senior managers of multinational organisations
Business-line executives on track for global or general management assignments
Senior Compliance and Audit executives
Independent non-executive directors of financial sector firms.
Candidates attending this programme must demonstrate significant leadership experience, subject matter expertise and general success with a broad set of management responsibilities. For full details please visit the
RMA/Cass Advanced Risk Management Programme website.
RMA Round Tables in Europe
Each year, the RMA runs several invitation-only round tables in Europe for senior risk management executives in the banking sector. These events are moderated by the RMA, have carefully constructed agendas, are subject to Chatham House Rules, and involve no more than 20 invited participants. We bring in high-calibre
outside speakers to address round table participants on specific topics.
Our next European round tables will take place in Paris and London in November:
- European Credit & Risk Management Round Table - Paris, November 8/9, 2016
- European Market & Counterparty Risk Officers Round Table - Canary Wharf, London - November 16, 2016
- European Sovereign/Country Risk Management Round Table - Canary Wharf, London - November 17, 2016
Should you require any information about these round tables, please contact the RMA's European representative,
Steve Shaw, who will be pleased to provide this.
The RMA is very active in the arena of financial industry surveys on topics of broad importance and significance to industry participants. These surveys are among the most in-depth available, and we are proud that we are consistently able to have the world's leading banks take part.
For the following types of enquiry please contact our senior European representative (see contact details below):
Details about forthcoming RMA events in Europe (round tables, RMA workshops at the BBA, executive education programmes run in conjunction with Cass).
In-house training opportunities.
Advertising in or submitting editorial for our monthly in-house publication The RMA Journal®.
Note: all RMA membership enquiries should be directed to RMA Member Services in Philadelphia, U.S.A. as follows:
By phone: 215-446-4150
By fax: 215-446-4100