Leading the industry in comparative customer data
View our Tutorial
Five reasons why your business needs eStatement Studies
- Make more informed decisions in less time.
- Show clients that you understand their business better than your competitors do.
- Evaluate your clients’ strengths and weaknesses more accurately.
- Identify more and better qualified prospects.
- Perform immediate benchmarking with the simple-to-use format.
How does eStatement Studies achieve all that?
RMA’s eStatement StudiesSM is the only source of comparative data that comes directly from the financial statements of small and medium-size business customers of RMA’s member institutions. Plus, round-the-clock online access gives you the ease and flexibility to use this wealth of information at your convenience.
Do you know the source of your data? Check the facts:
- More up-to-date. Our data is updated annually.
- More reliable. Our data comes directly from the financial statements of RMA member banks’ customers.
- More consistent. We have been providing the same consistent data for more than 93 years. This means you can accurately compare your customers to the industry standard year after year.
- More value. We offer you all this value for far less than any other resource.
eStatement Studies features Financial Ratio Benchmarks and Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measures
Financial Ratio Benchmarks
Given to us from RMA member institutions, our financial ratio benchmarks are derived from more than 280,000 statements of financial institution borrowers and prospects.
Financial Ratio Benchmarks includes:
- Nineteen classic financial statement ratios, clearly defined.
- Common-size balance-sheet and income statement line items, arrayed by asset and sales size. Six different asset and sales size categories are presented to ensure a perfect match to your situation.
- Unique information. No other information provider has data sources like ours.
- More than 808 industries are presented using the 2007 North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes.
- Data available for 14 years. You’ll get the most up-to-date information for the current period, and you’ll be able to quickly compare it to past periods.
Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measures
Which industries and types of companies are most vulnerable in today’s environment? Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measures allows you to see not only which industries are the most susceptible, but also to what degree.
A simple-to-understand number is calculated for each industry and across an array of various-sized companies that represent the industry’s default profile. Also included is an assessment of the cash flow characteristics of each industry. These benchmarks add substantial value to the critical analysis of cash flow for private companies, allowing you to make better credit decisions.
Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measures includes:
- Cash flow measures on a common-size percentage scale.
- Probability of default estimates on a percentage scale, mapped to an .edf bond rating scale.
- Change in position, normalized, year over year, for eight financial statement line items.
- Trend data available for the past five years.
- Data arrayed by asset and sales size.
eStatement Studies provides countless benefits for quick, convenient access:
Export data into an Excel® spreadsheet with a click of your mouse. The Excel download includes a client comparison worksheet allowing you to calculate your client’s financial statements. eStatement Studies includes a license to incorporate Statement Studies data into your client reports—a $139 savings.
The information you need is delivered to your desktop via the Web, 24/7. No more office clutter; no more searching for the hard copy of Financial Ratio Benchmarks or Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measures. This important decisionmaking tool is as close as your keyboard.
The query function allows you to find what you need more quickly and easily than ever before. In a matter of seconds, you can mine the database of 280,000 financial statements for each of the six years of data for profiles that fit your needs.
As an added benefit, not available in the printed version, eStatement Studies even enables you to break out the data by region:
eStatement Studies includes regional data as follows:
Region 1 – Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
Region 2 – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee*, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia
Region 3 – Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan*, Missouri*, Ohio
Region 4 – Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee*, Texas
Region 5 – Iowa, Kansas*, Michigan*, Minnesota, Missouri*, Nebraska*, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
Region 6 – Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas*, Montana, Nebraska*, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming
*State spans two regions
Individual NAICS downloads are also available
Single industry data is available by individual NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) code. Order today to obtain this timely, high-quality information.
eStatement Studies subscriptions run from November 1 through October 31 each year. For first-time purchases, the full fee is due and payable upon placing your order, regardless of what time of the year the order is placed. Proration is not available.
RMA Members $305
Professional members are $470/user
RMA Members $420 total
Nonmembers $705 total
RMA Members $620 total
Nonmembers $965 total
RMA Members $960 total
Nonmembers $1,335 total
RMA Members $1,460 total
Nonmembers $2,070 total
For pricing for 41 or more users please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colleges and Universities
eStatement Studies is available as a university-wide subscription. Please see our eStatement Studies for Universities page for more details, or email email@example.com.
There are two ways to order eStatement Studies*:
- To order by fax: Complete this form and fax it to 215-446-4100.
- To order by mail: Complete this form and mail it to: RMA, Lbx 1140-PO Box 8500, Philadelphia, PA 19178-1140.
* Please note: It may take up to 5 to 7 business days to receive log-in information.