This position champions the DE&I efforts at RMA overseeing the execution and delivery of diversity, equity and inclusion programs and initiatives both internally and externally and is the resident expert bringing insight into DE&I best practices.
- Overall responsibility for implementation of DEI strategies aimed at achieving RMA’s 3-year goal of Level 4: Inclusive Culture. This includes leading the DE&I internal working group meetings and assisting the Director of People & Culture with executing relevant strategies against the formulated blueprint.
- Works with senior level managers to develop and align departmental strategies and performance management goals to DEI efforts.
- Develops the overall learning strategies for the organization, develops yearly plan for leaders and employees and ensures timely implementation and facilitates as needed.
- Serves as point person for all DE&I related content, both internally and for member facing publications.
- Partners with external RMA membership groups to facilitate DE&I peer sharing and strategies for the financial services industry.
- Plan and manage diversity outreach and recruitment events, councils, conferences, and other initiatives that support diversity & inclusion.
- Reviews all internal processes and procedures to ensure equity and inclusivity with all RMA stakeholders.
- Ensure RMA is a leader on developing DE&I issues.
Oral and Written Communication (20%) – Communicates well (written and verbal), delivers presentations, has good listening skills, keeps others adequately informed, selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Results Driven (20%) – Defines appropriate goals, works toward achieving goals, articulates visions and steps for achievement.
Job Knowledge (20%) – Understands facets of job, aware of duties and responsibilities, keeps job knowledge current.
Interpersonal Skills (20%) – Builds strong relationships, is flexible/adaptable, works well with others, solicits feedback.
Dependability/Sense of Urgency (20%) – Meets deadlines, works independently, accountable, establishes appropriate priority, gets the job done in a timely manner, maintains focus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with specialty in Human Resources, Communications, Psychology or related field with three + years of related program management experience required. Diversity certification preferred.
- Experience building and implementing effective diversity & inclusion programs.
- Proven ability to use data and metrics to measure progress, inform and influence decision making.
- Understanding of human resource policy and law particularly around diversity and interviewing.
- Strong technology skills including advanced proficiency in Power Point, Excel, Microsoft Teams and Zoom (or equivalent)
- Experienced facilitator, certification preferred.
- Ability to work independently, highly organized, detail oriented and handle a variety of tasks.
Empowerment & Accountability is a core cultural value at RMA and you will see that reflected in our programs and policies such as unlimited time off and flexible work arrangements. In addition, we offer a competitive total compensation package and an excellent health and welfare benefits package.
At RMA we celebrate and value diversity and inclusion, so team members feel comfortable bringing their whole self to work. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Interested? Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.