This position provides leadership in the development and execution of all of the Association’s initiatives in the field of enterprise risk management, including, but not limited to, the development and promotion of standards and tools; peer-sharing events and surveys; training; and conferences. This position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer.
- Lead meetings of the ERM Council; develop agendas for Council meetings; and execute deliverables from Council meetings such as standards, surveys, tools, round tables, industry position papers and other thought leadership content.
- Lead meetings with vendors, consultants, and alliance partners, and with other RMA staff on behalf of ERM.
- In coordination with Marketing and Relationship Management, lead the development and execution of general and targeted marketing and sales activities with members and other customers.
- Lead product development efforts and actively manage consultants supporting the activities of the ERM practice.
- Lead the development, promotion, and delivery of range of practice surveys.
- Lead the development and promotion of standards, tools and frameworks.
- Research, write and contribute thought leadership content through RMA’s current and future communications channels including the website, e-newsletter, podcasts and The RMA Journal.
- Support planning, budget development and performance management for ERM.
- Function as a subject matter expert and liaison with other parts of RMA.
- Oversee the use of the Web by ERM and maintenance of the structure and content of the ERM portion of the RMA website.
- Proactively work with industry leaders to develop and support the ERM council, roundtables, groups and events and co-lead industry committee and discussion meetings with the industry chairpersons on behalf of ERM.
- Other duties as assigned.
Decision Making (20%) – Ability to identify legal risks and develop plans to reduce the chance of occurrence and/or exposure.
Achievement Focus (20%) – Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
Business Acumen (20%) – Understand business implications of decision. Conducts cost-benefit analysis. Displays orientation to profitability. Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Aligns work with strategic goals.
Oral and Written Communication (20%) – Communicates well (written and verbal), delivers presentations, has good listening skills, keeps others adequately informed, selects and uses appropriate communication methods
Foster Member Engagement (20%) – Proactively considers how area of responsibility can positively contribute to member engagement. Uses appropriate methods, products, services, and support activities to build and maintain an environment that consistently focuses on RMA's measure of success - improving and increasing member engagement. Ensures that delivery mechanisms and vehicles used to engage respective stakeholders are relevant, audience appropriate and perceived as timely.
- Bachelor’s degree combined with 8+ years of experience, preferably in the financial services industry dealing with enterprise risk management, governance, reporting, technology, finance and project management.
- Proven entrepreneurial leadership and risk-taking abilities.
- Team player with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and creativity are required.
Empowerment & Accountability is a core cultural value at RMA and you will see that reflected in our programs and policies such as unlimited time off and flexible work arrangements. In addition, we offer a competitive total compensation package and an excellent health and welfare benefits package.
At RMA we celebrate and value diversity and inclusion, so team members feel comfortable bringing their whole self to work. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Interested? Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.