The Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator serves as RMA’s primary system administrator. This includes responsibility for everything from system set up (content, user access etc.) to development of reports, training tools and delivery of these tools. The LMS Administrator is the resident expert responsible for ensuring the system is up to date and working effectively for all users.
- Acts as the primary administrator for the Learning Management System, including and not limited to:
- Performs content management tasks, such as and not limited to, ensuring consistent file naming conventions, back-up of source materials.
- Develops business processes and manages system utilization.
- Translates instructional design solutions into interactive and responsive applications as well as troubleshoots technical delivery issues across multiple platforms and devices (SCORM/Tin Can, web-delivery, PC, Mac, iPad).
- Creates and maintains curricula, learning assets, evaluations, and assessments in the LMS.
- Ensures department standards for quality control are met when managing courses in the LMS.
- Provides training to new users (internal and external) on how to use the LMS and products through live web seminars and presentations.
- Maintains end user job aids, monitors, and answers questions, and provides support for troubleshooting learner and system issues.
- Administers user access and configures system settings
- Continuously monitors course evaluations to recommend improvements in training.
- Tracks and evaluates changes/new features of system upgrades, reviews issues, and provides comprehensive testing.
- Assists with the management and maintenance of applications integrated with the LMS.
- Generates usage reports, creates analysis, and makes recommendations to target enhancement and sales strategies.
- Actively makes recommendations on product enhancements and use of new technology to enhance the user experience. Works with third party providers on product maintenance and enhancements of user interface platforms.
- Working with the LMS vendor, identifies and develops help desk ticket issues and works to resolve them quickly and efficiently. Works collaboratively with the RMA team to implement tech support solutions.
- Works collaboratively across departments within RMA to define new system development requests and opportunities for online products with the goal of bringing forward new or improved features or functionality within the system to support these goals. Develops strategies for changes as well as needed communication both internally and externally for managing change.
- Aids Senior Manager eLearning on major projects and initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Oral and Written Communication (30%) – Communicates well (written and verbal), delivers presentations, has good listening skills, keeps others adequately informed, selects and uses appropriate communication methods, demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
Problem Solving (30%) – Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Technical Troubleshooting (40%)- Demonstrates critical thinking, recognizes and anticipates problems, uses fact finding and diagnostic tools, identifies and implements optimal solutions, follows problem management procedures.
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional technology or similar discipline with 2+ years of experience.
- Previous experience implementing, managing and maintaining an LMS which provided you with a working knowledge of learning management system architecture, strong technical troubleshooting and software testing skills as well as technical writing skills.
- Project Management focused with strong attention to detail and follow-up skills as well as deadline driven.
- Additional experience in Instructional Design, working with SABA or working with eLearning apps such as Articulate 360 a plus!
Empowerment & Accountability is a core cultural value at RMA and you will see that reflected in our programs and policies such as unlimited time off and flexible work arrangements. In addition, we offer a competitive total compensation package and an excellent health and welfare benefits package.
At RMA we celebrate and value diversity and inclusion, so team members feel comfortable bringing their whole self to work. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Interested? Send resumes to email@example.com.