The Relationship Manager Team Leader is responsible for developing, nurturing, and growing RMA’s member relationships with a core set of banks and financial institutions within their assigned accounts and territory while simultaneously providing leadership to a team of Relationship Managers. The primary focus of this role and team is to strengthen the member experience, deepen the relationship and overall engagement, while providing RMA solutions in a consultative approach with a goal of driving sales, revenue and increasing overall market share.
Team Leader Focus Areas
- Provides support to the team as needed to effectively manage the team efforts to identify and close membership opportunities, further develop, engage, and retain existing memberships.
- Monitor team effectiveness tracking sales goals, forecast accuracy, qualified leads and other KPI’s.
- Collaborate with other business units to ensure team has appropriate sales enablement tools.
- Enhance the quality and consistency of key sales activities including planning & executing strategy for new prospects, pre-call planning, generating proposals and recording relevant selling data in Salesforce.
- Ensure team is accurately, effectively, and timely maintaining all records and data in Salesforce.
- Provide ongoing and frequent coaching, counseling, and motivation to the team. Conduct regular team meetings, training opportunities and team building activities to enhance effectiveness and increase employee engagement.
Relationship Management Focus Areas
- Consult with members to identify and analyze risk management issues, analyze sensitivities, and recommend effective solutions.
- Maximize the value of RMA Membership by introducing new products & services, driving sales, broadening reach within member banks, and retaining existing business.
- Collaborate with RMA Product and Risk area leaders, and SMEs to build a solid sales pipeline, while bringing forward member needs for future product development consideration or enhancements to existing solutions or offerings.
- Research and identify potential new institutional members and emerging markets for RMA products and services.
- Develop annual strategic sales plan for assigned accounts aligned to RMA’s mission and vision to meet sales targets. Conduct quarterly membership reviews with key strategic growth accounts.
- Handle member inquiries and work with internal staff to resolve, satisfactorily and expediently, membership issues, transaction questions, contract negotiations, billing issues or discrepancies, etc.
- Network with Chapters in the assigned region to drive new sales opportunities with existing members and promote the value of RMA to potential new members.
- Understand, analyze & share competitive market data with internal RMA team to help drive innovation and improve overall member benefits/offerings.
Sales Skills (40%) – Understands marketplace, works to meet prospect/customer needs, effective closing techniques.
Industry Knowledge (15%) – Displays knowledge of the financial arena, stays updated with financial news, keeps informed about nonfinancial business areas, demonstrates knowledge of risk issues, regulations, and monitors activities of regulatory agencies.
Communications (15%) - Confidently articulates complex ideas, strategies, and decisions to individuals and groups at all levels. Consistently captures and conveys the essence of the communication and leaves the audience with a clear understanding and no ambiguity. Speaks in a compelling manner that holds others' attention and motivates them to action. Asks thoughtful questions that get to the "heart of the matter". Is a skilled listener and can accurately restate the opinion of others; always leaves others with the view that they have been heard.
Collaboration & Influence (15%) - Actively demonstrates support for colleagues and engages with others to ensure team is motivated. Seeks out opportunities to facilitate cross-group collaboration. Leads with a collaborative spirit and fosters a collaborative culture. Forges strong partnerships to facilitate achievement of company goals.
Leadership (15%) - Employs highly developed skills to communicate to inform, educate, and motivate. Consciously inspires and elicits commitment from team. Builds a sense of empowerment and an appetite for high performance. Develops these behaviors in team members.
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-10 years of selling experience with proven ability to exceed sales targets and grow strategic accounts, preferably in the banking or financial services industry of which 2+ years was in sales management of people/teams.
- Strong communication & presentation skills with experience in presenting to C level executives such as: Chief Risk Officers, Chief Credit Officers or Chief Revenue Officers. A solid listener that can turn listening into action with attention to detail & strong follow up skills.
- Experience in developing accurate forecasts, developing, and tracking KPI’s.
Empowerment & Accountability is a core cultural value at RMA and you will see that reflected in our programs and policies such as unlimited time off and flexible work arrangements. In addition, we offer a competitive total compensation package and an excellent health and welfare benefits package.
At RMA we celebrate and value diversity and inclusion, so team members feel comfortable bringing their whole self to work. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Interested? Send resumes to email@example.com.