The survey was conducted by The Risk Management Association (RMA) between November and December 2018. The 2018 survey is intended to capture the current status of the incentive compensation structure across a range of RMA member institutions and to gather detailed information on current and best practices and challenges. Some questions were open text, designed to provide information and insight about best and current practices. The survey focuses on the following:
- Incentive Compensation Framework.
- Compensation Staff.
- Incentive Plan Monitoring.
- Other: Lending.
- Other: Mortgage Origination.
A total of 30 responses were received from a range of community banks headquartered in the United States.
- Asset size less than $250 million: 5 responses.
- Asset size between $251and 500 million: 7 responses.
- Asset size between $501 million and 1 billion: 6 responses.
- Asset size between $1 and 3 billion: 5 responses.
- Asset size between $3 and 5 billion: 5 responses.
- Asset size over $5 billion: 2 responses.
The final report provides participants’ responses, while protecting the confidentiality of individual institutions by masking the source of the responses. You may view the executive summary (PDF) by clicking on the aforementioned link.
The full report is available only to those who have contributed to the survey. For questions please contact Sylwia Czajkowska, Associate Director/OpRisk, (215)446-4071, firstname.lastname@example.org.