Managing the Impact of the Pandemic on Financial Crimes
Vikas Agarwal, Partner, PwC (Moderator)
Michael DeNicola, Special Agent Cyber Division, FBI
Satish M. Kini, Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton
Margaret McLaughlin, Managing Director, Head of Prof Practice, Issue Assurance and Reg. Engagement, UBS
Join this session to learn how institutions are managing the impact of the pandemic on their fraud / cybercrime risk profile.
The objectives of this session are to understand the following:
- Current AML considerations;
- Cybersecurity and technology challenges post-pandemic; and
- Responsive measures being taken by financial institutions.
Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets
Moderator: Markus Veith, Partner, Grant Thornton
A Michael Smith, Chief Audit Executive, Nasdaq Inc.
Lory Kehoe, Global Director, Digital Assets & Blockchain, Advanced Solutions, BNY Mellon
Hubert Recana, Senior Manager, Citi
The proliferation of cryptocurrencies introduces new risks and challenges for anti-money laundering (AML) compliance programs, related to Know Your Customer (KYC), sanctions screening and transaction monitoring.
Navigating the evolving regulatory environment to capitalize on cryptocurrency opportunities is a dilemma faced by financial institutions as regulatory scrutiny heightens. This increased regulation can disrupt investment prospects and result in missed opportunities, specifically in the cryptocurrency market. Staying ahead of the curve and understanding leading practices for a sound cryptocurrency AML compliance program is of utmost importance.
The objectives of this session are to learn and understand the components and key risks including:
- Discuss the digital asset landscape and define/describe some of the more significant asset types (and technologies employed) and their relative usage and maturity;
- Understand current regulatory requirements and identify regulatory authorities on cryptocurrencies;
- Identify recent regulatory highlights that could have major impact on the cryptocurrency space; and
- Understand the risks specific to cryptocurrencies and unique controls that companies should consider implementing to address these risks.