As a consideration of attendance in person at The Risk Management Association (“RMA”) event I am registering to attend (the “Event”), the undersigned acknowledges, understands, and agrees that:
- Attendance and participation at the in person Event includes possible exposure to and illness from possible communicative diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19, the new Delta variant, and any other newly emerging Covid-19 variants (collectively, “Covid-19”) that may present between the reading, acknowledgement, and agreement to the terms of this Covid-19 Safety Acknowledgement and the occurrence of the Event. RMA is closely following CDC, state and local government guidelines and has implemented preventative measures to reduce the spread of Covid-19 among participants. However, while such measures may reduce the risk, the risk of serious illness, disability and/or death caused by Covid-19 does exist; and
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, and assume full responsibility for my participation at the Event. I understand that neither RMA nor RMA’s sponsors assume any responsibility for the foregoing risks to myself and/or for any resulting injury to my family members, including but not limited to, personal injury, disability, death, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability or expense of any kind that I or my family members may experience or incur in connection with my participation at the Event and possible exposure to Covid-19; and
- I willingly agree to comply with all of the preventative measures and the terms and conditions for participation that RMA has implemented to protect against Covid-19 and willingly agree to encourage compliance by any of my family members who may attend the Event with me, including but not limited to, adhering to CDC guidelines regarding staying home and not attending the Event if I or my attending family members experience any Covid-19 symptoms in the days leading up the Event such as, fever, cough, new loss of taste or smell, and/or shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; and
- NOW THEREFORE, I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY WAIVE AND FOREVER RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS RMA, its officers, board members, employees, agents and/or representatives, sponsors, and advertisers (collectively, the “RELEASEES”) from, and agree not to sue on, any and all claims, whether presently known or unknown, that arise in any way out of my attendance at and participation in the Event, including but not limited to, any Covid-19 related illness, disability, death, loss, cost(s) or damage(s) of any kind to myself or any of my family members, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, occurring before, during or after participation in the Event, to the fullest extent permitted by
*Note - You should not attend an RMA Event if:
- You have tested positive for or been diagnosed with COVID-19 unless medically cleared by your health care provider; or
- Within the 10-day period prior to the Conference you have experienced symptoms associated with COVID-19; or
- You may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by your health care provider.
BY CLICKING ON THE ACCOMPANYING BOX, I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS COVID-19 SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.