Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada.
- Be current sophomores or juniors who are enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States or Canada and will continue to be enrolled full-time for the entire 2021-2022 academic year.
- Be currently enrolled full time at an accredited four year college or university located in the United States or Canada for the current academic year.
- Have an intent to work in the banking industry following graduation.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) overall.
Applicants do not have to be a current RMA member, but they must join (free) and remain a member to receive and renew their scholarship.
RMA employees and their dependents are ineligible to apply. Others ineligible to participate include current members of the Board of Directors of RMA and the RMA Foundation and their families. Dependents of all other RMA members (those not on the Board of Directors) are eligible to apply.