This virtual course is made up of three sessions – each of the three sessions is 2 hours, from 1-3pm. ET. Session 1: August 23, 2021 Session 2: August 24, 2021 Session 3: August 25, 2021
Once you have registered through the RMA website you will receive an email to complete your registration for this event in Zoom.
Now offered as a virtual course, taking place in a virtual classroom setting, 360° Negotiation Skills for Bankers incorporates a variety of training approaches to help bankers build strong negotiating skills and transfer those skills back to the workplace. The interactive design of this one-day course enables participants to experience and practice the most effective ways to negotiate with customers, dig deeper to uncover their true needs, cross-sell other bank services to strengthen the relationship, and sell the credit internally to the best advantage of the bank.
Participants will explore solutions to negotiating challenges that are both tangible and relevant to today’s banking environment. Through facilitated discussions, they will transform these solutions into specific strategies for improving their negotiating skills and reaching creative solutions that work for both the customer and the bank.
Upon completion of 360° Negotiation Skills for Bankers, participants will be able to:
- Explain the five-step negotiating process and apply it to customer and internal negotiations.
- Identify the five negotiating styles and determine when they are appropriate to use in a customer negotiation.
- Use active listening and questioning techniques to gain relevant information from customer conversations.
- Use the four-step approach to identify negotiation alternatives that meet both the bank’s and the customer’s interest.
- Distinguish between critical, negotiable, and insignificant elements of a negotiation.
- Explain six effective techniques for presenting an offer.
- Name and describe the characteristics of seven types of negotiating power.
- Describe three strategies to positively influence others.
- Use the negotiating process internally.
- Identify strategies for dealing with a difficult negotiator.
- Use the five-step negotiating process to respond to difficult negotiating tactics.
- Apply the five-step negotiating process to a case-study negotiation.
360° Negotiation Skills for Bankers is designed for financial personnel to help them better negotiate both with their customers and internally. Participants could include bankers with various backgrounds, experience, and areas of expertise.
IMPORTANT: Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to download pre-course materials that must be completed prior to attending the course. Please contact Customer Care, 1-800-677-7621 or email@example.com if you don't receive the email within one business day.