RMA understands that adults learn best by doing. Using targeted lessons, job aids, and a case file, participants will:
- Apply the Porter model to analyze the competitive forces in an industry and gauge the degree of difficulty a company may have in seeking to compete successfully in its industry.
- Assess the impact economic cycles and conditions can have on a business.
- Study the financial behavior of industries, products, and companies through their life cycles.
- Determine related financing needs based on a review of the relationship between a company’s industry, business, and product life cycles and its operating and asset acquisition cycles.
- Develop a company overview, assess business strategy, and evaluate management adequacy.
Participants have a wide range of financial backgrounds and everyone learns at their own pace. Participants will have opportunities to advance through the course following the pathway that best meets their needs. Each section of the course is designed to mimic workplace application of knowledge and skills to promote learning transfer to the workplace. For example, an onscreen mentor will model the use of an Industry Forces Checklist to complete an analysis of Absorb-It, Inc. Later in the course, participants apply the lessons learned to do their own industry forces analysis of ILS, Inc.