Through a mix of discussion, large and small group activities, and case studies, participants are better prepared to apply the content learned when they return to their jobs. RMA's Problem Loan Workout course includes the following modules:
- Defining a Successful Workout Program addresses the major elements necessary for the successful workout of a problem loan. It introduces the fivestage process for problem loan resolution as the foundation of an effective workout.
- Recognition and Evaluation of the Problem Loan reviews the elements of problem loan recognition with emphasis on the causes of the difficulty and the resources to deal with it. The nine-step bank review process is used to reenforce the need for a thorough analysis in a successful workout endeavor.
- Implementing a Workout Program starts with understanding the resources available and moves to developing, implementing, and supporting (monitoring) an effective program.
- Other Considerations in the Workout addresses the issues of who should handle the workout, considerations in negotiating a workout agreement, and other pertinent issues.
- Real Estate Workout Issues considers the unique qualities of real estate that impact the workout of a problem loan.
- Other Collection Devices (Optional Module) provides a basic understanding of the post judgment process.
- Bankruptcy Overview covers key points in bankruptcy along with a discussion of four common forms of bankruptcy.