Understanding Your Middle Market Customer: Case Study in Corporate Finance
Understanding Your Middle Market Customer: Case Study in Corporate Finance is an advanced course for experienced loan and credit officers who would like an opportunity to apply the principles of corporate finance. There is a strong focus on understanding shareholder value, relationship planning, and financial advisory skills. This course is designed to provide participants with the opportunity to further develop their understanding of corporate finance issues and to practice and learn how they can be part of a sound and profitable banking relationship.
Participants should have completed RMA's Understanding Your Middle Market Customer: Corporate Finance & Business Valuation or its equivalent. This course assumes participants have well established skills using a Hewlett-Packard financial calculator or its equivalent. Participants should be able to perform routine calculations such as present value, net present value, and internal rate of return.
Who Will Benefit?
Financial advisors who call on either middle market or larger companies and would like to improve their skills in evaluating and devising innovating capital structures.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify and understand management's viewpoint, particularly that of the chief financial officer.
- Understand how company decisions and actions influence value by affecting cash flow.
- Structure transactions using internal rate of return and debt capacity concepts to ensure that the strategy and objectives of owners are achieved, while at the same time repaying debt and providing an appropriate rate of return to shareholders.
- Valuate mergers and acquisitions.
- Find alternatives for transfer of ownership.
Through a mix of discussion, large and small group activities, and case studies, participants are better prepared to apply the content learned when they return to their jobs. Participants have the opportunity to apply their understanding of corporate finance issues and practices and learn how they can be part of a sound and profitable banking relationship.
During Understanding Your Middle Market Customer: Case Study in Corporate Finance, a privately held company, Graham Liberty Services, Inc., is used to provide participants with practice applying corporate finance and valuation skills.