Member early bird rate on or before March 17, 2023 - $1050.00
Member rate beginning March 18, 2023 - $1150.00
Nonmember early bird rate on or before March 17, 2023 - $1595.00
Nonmember rate beginning March 18, 2023 - $1695.00
First Republic Bank
San Fransisco, CA
Event Dates & Times: May 1, 2023 8:30AM-4:30PM PT; May 2, 2023 8:30AM-12:00PM PT
Despite the increased focus on Enterprise Risk Management, many in the financial services industry struggle to precisely define it. This roundtable will cover broad risk governance practices (risk culture, organization, roles and responsibilities, policies, and risk technology) as well as leading practices in the risk process (risk appetite, identifying and assessing, response/treatment, monitoring, and reporting). ERM directors or managers should join to better enrich their second-line programs by learning and sharing practices with their peers.
The roundtable will feature a lead facilitator, roundtable group discussions, and may include small breakout groups that will delve deeper into issues of specific interest. You will benefit from the problem-solving techniques discussed by your peers. Participants share information about their programs (what works and what didn’t work), ask questions, and exchange ideas in a roundtable environment, to broaden their knowledge and acquire a firm understanding of the issues.
This roundtable is in-person and graciously hosted First Republic Bank in San Fransisco, California. RMA will host a networking dinner the night of the event, May 1. Additional logistics will be provided post-registration.
This roundtable offers a valuable opportunity to meet and discuss ERM challenges with your peers, and to identify best practices that you can leverage at your institution to enhance the value of your compliance programs. A unique feature of RMA’s roundtables is that each event agenda is a bit different, because the agenda is driven by RMA’s ERM Council* and registered attendees’ recommendations. We believe topics for this roundtable will likely include:
• Introductions and networking
• Setting risk appetite and monitoring risk tolerance
• Enhancing operational resilience
• Enhancing the overall ERM Framework and improving coordination with other risk disciplines (i.e., compliance and audit)
• Ways to measure and enhance ERM’s program maturity
• Discussing emerging risks and managing existing risks (i.e., strategy, reputation, operational risk)
• Reporting methodologies and key metrics
• Risk and control assessment techniques, and reporting that matters
Who will benefit?
This roundtable is designed to benefit financial institutions with more than $40 billion in assets. We recommend the following individuals to attend:
• Directors/Managers of Enterprise Risk Management functions
• Directors/Managers of other second-line functions
• Delegated individuals from the above
We recommend no more than two registered participants per institution attend. Other asset sizes, titles/positions, professional members, and other third-parties can be considered by RMA approval. For requests or for any questions, please email ORMERM@rmahq.org before registering.