Best Practices in Asset/Liability Management: A Focus on Liquidity and Market Risk
6/14/2023 - 6/28/2023
Members qualify for savings.
Log in to see if you qualify for a lower rate, or become a member to save as much as $500 or more.
Three sessions – each of the three sessions is three hours, from 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM ET.
Session 1: Wednesday, June 14, 2023 Session 2: Wednesday, June 21, 2023 Session 3: Wednesday, June 28, 2023
Once you have registered through the RMA website you will receive an email to complete your registration for this event in Zoom.
This course is designed for risk professionals who are members of the asset/liability committee (ALCO), particularly Chief Financial Officers, controllers and accounting department staffers, treasury personnel, and loan officers. Also, given the current market conditions, this course is especially valuable for bank board members, most specifically those who sit on ALCO committees.
Risk professionals who take the course will be eligible to earn up to 9 CPE credits and complete the following learning objectives:
• Identify liquidity risk within your balance sheet, and discover the options available to mitigate that risk.
• Explore practical ways of funding your bank in both rising and falling interest rate environments.
• Learn how to manage capital to satisfy both regulators and shareholders.
• Become familiar with ALCO best practices.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of market risk with a major focus on interest rate risk.
• Evaluate various asset and liability management strategies through the interest rate cycle-from theory to practice.
• Identify key determinants of profitability.
• Identify issues of particular concern to lenders, including managing the loan portfolio within the bank's ALCO goals.
• Use the balance sheet management skills learned to exploit opportunities to increase your market share and improve liquidity.
• Explore issues, such as the use of balance sheet leverage and hedging strategies, including swaps.