Changes to the Risk Management Association’s Board include Jodi Richard of U.S. Bancorp as Board Chair, Risk Expert Philippa Girling as Vice Chair, and Mark Midkiff of KeyBank as Treasurer
PHILADELPHIA, PA (September 1, 2022) – The Risk Management Association (RMA) announced today that it has assembled a new slate of board leaders for its fiscal year beginning September 1, 2022. As climate, cybersecurity, economic, and geopolitical threats loom, RMA’s mission of advancing sound risk management principles in the financial services industry is growing increasingly urgent. The prominent financial risk executives elected to this year’s board will team with RMA to realize this mission by driving membership growth, forging strategic partnerships, and further developing critical member resources.
RMA’s board of directors is composed of financial services leaders with track records of commitment to the industry, laser-like focus on emerging risk, and demonstrated financial risk management expertise. Jodi Richard, U.S. Bancorp Vice Chair and Chief Risk Officer, will lead the board as Chair. Philippa Girling, a recognized expert in fintech and risk, will serve as Vice Chair, and Mark Midkiff, Chief Risk Officer of Key Bank, will serve as Treasurer.
“This new board roster brings a diversity of skills, backgrounds, and experience to understand and address the increasing risks we are seeing throughout banking operations in the current environment,” said RMA’s President and CEO Nancy Foster. “I look forward to teaming with each new board member to tackle the challenges ahead and to help our members manage their exposure to emerging risks.”
In addition to Richard, Girling, and Midkiff, the following executives have been newly elected to serve on RMA’s Board of Directors and as Committee Chairs:
- Stephanie Bontemps, Executive Vice President and Chief Risk Officer, First Republic Bank, San Francisco, CA
- Monica Bowe, Executive Vice President and Chief Risk Officer, Busey Bank, Champaign, IL
- Mark Brucker, Chief Risk Officer for Consumer and Community Banking, JPMorgan Chase, Wilmington, DE
- Mary M. Kapferer, Executive Vice President and Chief Operational Risk Officer, KeyCorp, Cleveland, OH – Chair, RMA’s Operational Risk Council
- Avani Parekh, Senior Vice President and Head of Enterprise Risk Management, TD Bank, Cherry Hill, NJ – Chair, RMA’s Enterprise Risk Management Council
- Paul P. Sassieni, Head of Capital Markets and Treasury Credit Risk, Trading Market Risk, Asset-Liability Management, Northern Trust, Chicago, IL – Chair, RMA’s Global Markets Risk Council
- Carol Severyn, Group Executive Vice President and Chief Risk Officer, Frost Bank, San Antonio, TX – Chair, RMA’s Mid-Tier Bank Council
- Michela Vernon, Executive Vice President and Chief Learning Officer, Truist Financial Corporation, Charlotte, NC – Chair, RMA’s Learning and Development Council
- Mark A. Whipple, Global Head of Securities Lending, Invesco, Boston – Chair, RMA’s Securities Lending Council
Jodi Richard remarked, “I am honored to have been elected to chair RMA’s board, to have this leadership opportunity to create additional value for our members, and to be in a position to enhance the profile of the risk profession. I look forward to working closely with Nancy and RMA’s leadership as Chair, not only on the inherent risk challenges of our industry, but also on cyber, climate, and other emerging risks.”
Founded in 1914, The Risk Management Association is a not-for-profit, member-driven professional association whose sole purpose is to advance the use of sound risk management principles in the financial services industry. RMA promotes an enterprise approach to risk management that includes credit risk, market risk, and operational risk. Headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, RMA has 1,600 institutional members that include banks of all sizes as well as nonbank financial institutions. They are represented in the Association by 35,000 individuals located throughout North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia/Pacific.
Frank Devlin, 215-446-4137, firstname.lastname@example.org